Monday, October 11, 2010

So in total girl-fashion, Miss Hattie had to arrive with some drama. I was scheduled to be induced on Monday, the 20th, and had a normal checkup scheduled for the Wednesday before. I woke up that morning, feeling fine, but slightly dizzy! The strangest feeling ever. I took a shower, and soon realized I could hardly walk. Seeing how I had gone through the pregnancy with low iron, and had some fainting spells, I figured maybe I needed to eat. Well about 30 seconds after I ate a yogurt, it came back up. By this time it was about 7 am, which is when I needed to be leaving, to make the 3 hr drive to my appt (because I was stubborn and wouldn't change my doctor when we moved). I tell Jeff that I don't think I can drive. In fact there's no way I can drive. He decides just to take the day off, let the boys skip school, and we'll all make the trip.


We get to the doc after a 3 hr car ride that consisted of me throwing up at least 5 times. It was awful. I had my seat almost all the way reclined but just couldn't get relief. I was soo dizzy and nautious it was insane! Thankfully I don't throw up while at the doctor's office, and he tells me I'm probably just dehydrated, to go home and rest. Ok, I'm not one to argue, but I GUZZLE water. Like constantly. How could I be dehydrated? But I'm not the doc so I listen. We go to Jeff's Dad's house where I had planned to stay thru Monday since I was dilating, just to make sure there's no added drama! Jeff and the boys stay until that evening, and the dizziness doesn't subside. Wake up the next morning, still as dizzy as if I had been spinning in circles all night! I call the doc, the nurse says she'll talk to him and call me back. Of course, about 5 hours later she calls back and says "Doctor Howser wants you to come in tomorrow (Friday) morning to be induced." HECK YES! Get this show over with! So I call Jeff, he heads home from work, packs up, picks up the boys from school and heads back to Weatherford. =) About 150 bucks in gas wasted.... oh well.



Get to the hospital Friday morning, still fricking dizzy. Thankfully the throwing up had stopped. Get admitted, start fluids (which start helping with the dizzy factor, slightly) and pitocin, and we're off. Doc breaks my water at about 9 am, when I'm still only dilated to a 2. Get the epidural at about 10ish. We go allllllllll day, it's 5pm and I'm still only a 4. I start to feel pressure, so they check me again, still a 4. My nurse walks out of the room, and about (no joke) 3 minutes later another nurse walks in bc the baby moved and the monitor wasn't picking up her heart rate. I mention to her the pressure I'm still feeling, so she says she's going to check me. I tell her that my nurse had just checked me 3 minutes ago, and she says well I'll check again, and had a smirk on her face. Apparently she's done this before =) Sure enough, fully dilated, head practically sticking out. Little stinker!! She almost pushed herself right out on her own! She didn't need my help! Haha.

So they call the doc frantically, he's stuck in traffic, of course. So we wait..... and wait..... and wait.... He finally gets there, throws some gloves on, 1 1/2 pushes later at 5:31 Hattie Grace was born!!! =) 8lbs, 7oz, 20" long. She's perfect! 10 fingers, 10 toes, all that good stuff.























Love Her.






1 comment:

  1. I just stopped by to see if you had posted any adorable Christmas photos :)

    Hope you are all well!

    ReplyDelete