Saturday, April 16, 2011

Life...

Life is weird.  It seems unending at times, and like it's flashing before your eyes at others. I have to remind myself constantly that I only have a limited amount of time with my babies, but that I don't need to rush them bc they have the rest of their lives to figure things out.  It's very strange.

When we moved to Tyler, Jeff and I had talked about how we thought it might be temporary. Just a feeling, but we have LOVED it and would have been happy to finish raising our children here in this simply beautiful area.  The trees are just awesome.  And the foliage is so green and gorgeous! Apparently we're in a drought, but  you'd never know it. The Lord also led us to an amazing church where we have met some of the best people who welcomed us into their "family" and we have felt right at home.

And now we're moving.  Again.

I have such mixed emotions.  I'm so sad to be leaving our church.  My kids LOVE it.  Ben wakes up on Sundays running around squealing in delight about going to "play with my frinds!"  Three of our new friends are expecting babies, and I'm not going to be here to see them and make them meals :(  It makes me so sad.  There are trails here, beautiful, clean trails that we have literally spent hundreds of hours walking in the past 9 months we've been here.  Hattie had her first walk on the trials at only about a week old. Not to mention the fact that we just moved into a bigger house with a great backyard for the kids, only to turn around and move out of it 3 months later...

On the other hand... I feel like we're going "home."  Our family and lifelong friends are all there. The boys' still call their friends from W'ford their "BFF's." I know the area like the back of my hand, and have so many memories from there.  We have the possibility of buying my parent's old house, the house I grew up in, the house I moved out of when I went to college.  It's almost in foreclosure which has made both of my parent's devastated... they put so much work into that house.  It would be amazing if we could keep it in the family. 

Another bittersweet issue is church. The church I grew up in has changed and isn't where we are supposed to be anymore.  How do we go "home" without going back to our "home church?"  It's going to be hard going to other churches in such a small city, less than 50,000.  Everyone knows everyone... there will be people we know at every church, and they will ask questions, questions I don't feel like answering over and over. I have faith that the Lord knows right where we need to be and that we'll get there sooner or later :)  Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Reason for the move: I won't go into all of it bc I'm still rather angry and don't want to hurt anyone (this is a public blog with our real names, and even though I've never "advertised" it, anyone can easily find it), but the plan when we moved out here was to either buy the company or for Jeff and his dad to start their own. The current owners of the company are running it into the ground.  They are still making their ridiculous salaries, but the guys actually doing the work have had their checks bounce, twice.  It's infuriating for Jeff.  These are his guys, and they have families they're trying to feed, and Jeff can't promise they'll be paid week to week, so he and his dad decided it was time to act.  Well...  to make the story short, because of divorce issues and people who still have unforgiveness and bitterness in their hearts, we weren't able to use the money they were planning on using, so Jeff's old company has offered him a job with similar salary/benefits, and the position is one where he will be moving up to the top.  It's really a great opportunity.

That's about it.  It feels good to get it off my chest! I haven't really gotten to talk to anyone about it yet... waiting to finalize all the details, but Jeff gave his 2 weeks notice yesterday so there's no going back now!

On to another chapter of life...

2 comments:

  1. Sad to see you guys go! It's be a joy getting to know you & your sweet family. Thank goodness we all know that God is in control & He has great things in store for you guys! You & your kids are more than welcome to come over anytime during this transition time while Jeff is off working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take you up on that offer! I'll let you get settled in before I bombard you with my clan though :) I plan on getting as much use out of those zoo memberships as well! Do you think every other day is too much?

    ReplyDelete