Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pink

Spring break was going to be fairly uneventful for us this year. Nothing interesting planned. That's when I decided it would be a GREAT idea to take the boys to the zoo! Little did I know that I would somehow inhale poison ivy, have it spread all over my face and neck, have to get a shot in my derier, spread it to Max, and now be making my husband go to the the dreaded butt-shot because it is all over him, from his neck down. This is the most frustrating thing I've had to deal with in quite a long time! And when I compare it to what others are going through, it seems pretty trivial, but it has taken over my life! And not to mention that the steroids that I'm taking to get rid of the poison crap are making me crazy! I'm so cranky and I can't help it! I'm itchy, cranky, tired and stressed. I guess it could be worse......

After all that whining you would never believe that I actually had a really good time at a women's conference yesterday, would you? It's called Pink Impact, and it's put together by a church called Gateway Church in South Lake. I got to hear Marilyn Hickey (whom I had never heard of but is apparently the reason my mom became a Christian!), Kari Jobe, Miriam Webster, and Holly Wagner. It wasn't extremely deep, but that's not what it was meant for. It's for evangelizing... drawing more women in who are hurt and needing to know their Savior's love. And I'd say it was a success. It was nice to be without any kiddos for an entire day too!!

Holly Wagner's message touched me the most. Her concept was about how, like in the Olympics, each runner has their own lane. In life, we all have our own lanes. There's no need for us to get in each other's lanes, because we are supposed to be in our own lane. When we feel that jealous twitch, like "why can't I sing like she does?" or "why can't I be as funny as she is?" we need to remember that that's not the lane God put us in. What would you feel like if you stepped into someone else's lane at some point in your life, and when you got to Jesus, he looked strangely surprised at you and said "what are you doing here?" Because you weren't supposed to be in that lane. We each have a job. We each have an exact purpose and mission and He gives us the tools we need to accomplish them. We are not here by accident. He put us here on this earth at this time to defeat the evil one!! That way when we do get to see Jesus, he won't look at us with a confused look, rather with a "well done good and faithful servant" look =)

No comments:

Post a Comment