Thursday, March 26, 2009

Where to Start?

Really, where do I start? There's nothing new happening, nothing out of the ordinary. I just feel like I need to write. But I HATE writing. Always have. So where is this going to take me? I don't have a clue. And i really really don't know where to start.

Through a high school friend of mine who has a sweet little girl who was born premature with several complications, my eyes have been opened to the world of sick children. Normal children, actually, who are sick. They go through most of the exact same things every other child goes through, only slower, or out of order, or simply a little differently. They didn't chose to be the way they are. After reading blog after blog about all of these precious little kids, I have realized how thankful I should be for my family. I guess almost everyone comes to the point in their life when they realize they've taken what God gave them for granted, and I'm there. Other than ear infections and poison ivy, my family is extremely healthy! What a wonderful, precious gift! I've always been thankful for them, and our health, but never to this extent. And the funny thing is I don't know what to do about it. Do I love them more now? Because I know that any day they could be struck with some illness? Do I let Noah get away with throwing a fit because he lost the video game, when at least he has fingers, eyes and a mouth that work so that he can play video games?? Do I let Max kick the ball at the pictures on the wall, just because he has legs that work?? I don't think so. I think I'm supposed to keep on living, just like last year and the year before that. I can't love them anymore than I already do. I think prayer is the key. All I can say is thank you Lord. Thank you Lord.

I've put off starting a "blog" because all of the others I've read are about some extraordinary family who is dealing with huge struggles day in and day out and I've thought to myself, my life is so boring. So plain. So OrDiNaRy. My family is amazing, but we are just normal. Like normal isn't a good thing. Then I heard the Lord say, "your family is just as wonderful as every other family I have created." Ok, it sounds slightly dramatic, but it's true! Just because poison ivy is the biggest obstacle in our lives right now doesn't make us unworthy of a blog!! Now I probably won't have comments to all of the posts like the ones I follow. But I figure, if I need them, they'll be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment