Friday, April 3, 2009

Strategy

So, I have a strategy. A wonderful strategy. The past two nights, during one of the 12 times that Ben woke up, I thought to myself "I need to get something done tomorrow." Apparently just keeping them alive isn't enough for me. The night before last, I contemplated cleaning Noah's closet. If you have seen his closet lately, you know why it took me awhile to make up my mind, but eventually I did. It had to be done. And guess what. That next morning, as soon as I got home from work-out, I CLEANED IT! Totally. It looks so good!! So last night, I mulled over the fact that I set a goal, and actually accomplished it. Granted, it was a small goal, but a goal none the less, and now, an accomplished goal! Then a picture of the inside of my refrigerator came into my mind. New goal set! And now: ACCOMPLISHED!! That's right. Two days, two goals, two successful accomplishments! I am beyond proud. You have no idea. These are things I have been putting off for weeks and weeks. And now, they're done. Feels so good. So, my strategy: set a goal every night. It can be small, big, easy or hard, doesn't matter. As long as I have 1 thing to accomplish every day, I might actually live to see my grandkids! What a wonderful thought. And the possibility that an entire day will go by without my getting anything done is far less now! Now the real challenge: let's see how long I actually keep this up! Oh and I already decided I'm taking the weekends off =)

No comments:

Post a Comment