Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oh Sugar

Today was Fat Tuesday.  Which means tomorrow is Ash Wednesday.  Which means tomorrow at sunset is the beginning of Lent.  Which means I need to actually get my butt in gear, pray, and decide what I'm fasting.  UGH.  I'm not one of those "oh yay, I love the blessings the Lord bestows when I fast and seek His face" kind of fasters.  I'm one of those "ugh I hate almost every second of this, I need some chocolate NOW" kind of fasters... Yes, that's a bit exaggerated, I don't really have that bad an attitude, and honestly the Lord does amazing things when we fast and pray, but man.  It's not my favorite. Last year I fasted TV, and it actually wasn't too bad.  I realized I don't watch that much anyway, and we always take Sunday's off (Biblically it was the day of feasts and celebrations, so they didn't fast on Sundays) so I would catch up on anything I actually did care about thru some DVR action.  I was tempted to do the same thing this year, but you're really supposed to give up something you care about.  Something that you are putting before your relationship with the Lord.  Something that has a stronghold on you.  SUGAR is my downfall.  I reeeally like sugar.  Mostly in the chocolate form, but I'll take it in the ice cream, fruit, cheesecake or cinnamon chip form as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment