Wednesday, December 16, 2009

sick and tired

I'm so stinking done w/ being sick and tired! I can't shake whatever this is =( I'm incredibly nautious (sp?) And delirious! Why the face?!
So in other news - Noah's MRI ordeal is over and he's been given a clean bill of health! Since I haven't talked about it on here, here's a brief summary - he gets headaches in the middle of the night so doc ordered an MRI to check things out. Had to wait a month for it which was nerve racking. The actual procedure was fairly quick and intriguing at the same time. After all the paperwork formalities noah changed into his "gown" (if I could figure out how to post pics using my blackberry there would be pics to go along here) and headed down yet another hall. When we got to the room Noah laid down and the doc raised the bed to the right height. She clicked a plastic covering over his face, equipped w/ a mirror so he could see Jeff and I, and put headphones on him before then guiding the bed into the "donut." She handed us earplugs which I thought was slightly dramatic at first - I was wrong. Holy moly that was the loudest thing I've ever heard. After about 10 min the doc told noah he was doing good but the pic came out blurry so he needed to try to be completely still for a little longer. About 10 min later he was done! The next day (yesterday) his doc called to say that there was nothing abnormal on the MRI and that as long as the headaches don't become more frequent and motrin still works then he's good to go!! I'm so stinking proud of him. He was never worried or nervous. The only complaint he had was that it was country music playing in his headphones =)

Today I'm thankful for technology and proactive Dr. Watts!

No comments:

Post a Comment