Sunday, January 24, 2010

Christmas Crap...

...is the best Christmas Party game we've ever played! Every year Jeff and I dread all the lame-o Christmas Party games we'll have to play at the many Christmas Parties we're expected to attend. If I have to play the STUPID humming game or listen to god-awful sober karaoke one more time I will cry.

Well, cry no more. This game was amazing.

So it's basically the gift-exchange game, but instead of bringing good gifts, you play this after Christmas and you bring the crappiest gifts that you got for Christmas that year. It's hysterical! We brought scratched off lottery tickets (that were duds) and a tiny naked baby (that my odd sister got Jeff). We were crying we were laughing so hard.

We came home with a Connect-4 game, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory dvd, and a HIDEOUS black and yellow cosmetic bag - Yes we ended up w/ 3 gifts bc Jeff gets so much joy out of being a pain in the arss and had stolen coffee from one chick (just because it's REALLY fun to piss her off), and after the game was over, offered it back to her but she'd have to trade hers and her husbands gifts. Needless to say she didn't consult the hubby - she grabbed his gift and chunked it, along w/ hers at Jeff in exchange for the coffee (which we don't even drink). It was great.

I honestly don't know where we'd be without our Young-Married's family group. And not just because we play cool games =) we have honestly learned so much, thru not only the teachings (which are incredible), but just the relationships. We're all going thru the same things! We're not alone.

After Christmas Crap was over, we settled down a little and started talking about some prayer requests. Ours, of course, was the car situation (and that I don't go crazy in the next 6 months of maddness).

Welllll... After we were finished praying, one of my girlfriends from the group came up to me and said that she and her hubby want us to use their van (new Nissan Quest, which is my dream car, no joke, I'm ridiculous) because it just sits in their driveway since she has another vehicle and her hubby has a work truck. OH MY GOSH I was in shock. I texted her a couple hours later to say "thank you" because I realized I hadn't said it! I am still stunned.

I don't know why. The Lord has ALWAYS provided. ALWAYS. God, You are so good to me and I don't deserve it. I never have.

Today I'm just plain thankful =)

No comments:

Post a Comment