Monday, January 18, 2010

super duper randomness

I've been thinking lately about if I'm going to get pregnant again anytime soon. Yes, we already have 3 boys, and no, we're not wealthy, but we have always worked as hard as we could to provide for and teach our kids the basic truths (don't lie, love your neighbor, don't be stupid, etc) that I think we should try again.

A brief T-M-I rabbit trail - my body is weird, not normal at all. Every 28 days, in normally functioning female's bodies', an egg says to the rest of the group "I'm sick of u B's... I'm outta here!" - causing the said female's period. Apparently my eggs are best buds because I only have 1-3 periods a year. Which is super ok w/ me! But does make family planning difficult (although we've managed to get pregnant 3 times already, none of which were planned tho).

Back to the point - we have a pretty ideal family setting to produce more human beings. I mean, we have to cancel out the Nad.ia Sul.emon kids, right?? Not all by myself, but if 5 stable families have 4 kids each, it'll cancel out the poor kids who are growing up in that type of craziness!

One more rabbit trail - I do not believe homosexual couples should be able to get married. Where would it end? Next, could men marry porcupines? (I am not opposed to the idea of some type of certificate or license that read "partners" "pals" or "best-friends-for-life" for that matter - there's no reason that if you were in the hospital, that the person you love shouldn't be able to be by your side. But marriage was and is intended to be between one man and one woman. Don't hate me!) HOWEVER, the Lord can bring good into any situation, and I think the number of children who have been adopted by wonderful, loving, responsible, caring gay and lesbian couples is definitely a pro.  But it also means that us Christians aren't doing a very good job! Again, don't hate me, it's just how I feel. I never wanted to get super religious or political on my blog, and it seems I've broken both of my rules here.

BACK TO MY POINT!

Ok, so will I ever get pregnant again? Who knows, I think I'd be just fine if not... It's not like I have a ton of spare time, but I wouldn't mind going thru 9 more months of miserable, nautious, wonderful fattness to welcome another miracle into the world.

Today I'm thankful for good people =).

No comments:

Post a Comment