Tuesday, January 12, 2010

ugh.

Yesterday Maxwell informed me that he shouldn't have given his lunch money to the lunch lady because he would have rather bought the "spencils" that were for sale for $10.

"Stencils?" I asked.

"Yes! Spencils!" he answered w/ a huge grin on his face. Love that kid.

Fast forward a couple hours and Noah asks if he can use my phone to look up facts about penguins. I say sure and start it for him by typing "penguines" into the google searcher thing. He looks at it w/ a confused face and starts trying to read what I typed, "pen-gUU-EEn-es??" I'm like what?? Then I realize Mr. Brainiac can't read mis-spelled words. Good grief. How am I supposed to be his mom when he's like on a completely different intelligence level than me!? I can't pretend to be smarter than him for much longer. He's gonna catch on!

Had a good, but long day today. Got all the Christmas decor put up. I had left it up because Christmas w/ Jeff's mom/brother(and family) was scheduled for our house on Jan 9th. Well, we woke up that morning w/ NO ELECTRICITY. The high was 30 that day. 30 degrees!!! Anyway, we moved it to Jeff's mom's which was fine w/ me, I didn't really wanna clean anyway =). The only irritating part (aside from having no electricity for God knows why) was that I had left all my decorations up. Oh well...

Today I'm thankful for Texas! Omg did I just say that?? I was born in NY and until the last month, I've hated the TX weather and dreamed of the day we would pack up and move back up north, but I've discovered something about myself lately (our highs have been in the 30's and lows in the friggin teens): I'm a total sissy!! Today's high of 55 was definitely welcome. If it didn't warm up soon our Christmas lights were going to remain up indefinitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment