Thursday, January 28, 2010

if i hate hateful people does that make me hateful?

So I totally get that writing a blog almost makes some of the authors celebrities of sorts. And celebrities endure a TON of criticism and sucky judgmental people giving their opinions that haven't been asked for.

BUT in the case of Karen Owens, it's simply undeserved. She's my age, but has already gone through so much in life that NO ONE wants to go through, and she's always handled it with grace, dignity and honesty.

She lost her beautiful son in November, after 3 long years of suffering, and through God's grace has managed to get up, dust herself off and move on (www.gavinowens.com), meanwhile NEVER forgetting her amazing baby boy.

Despite those FACTS there are still incredibly irresponsible people who have left comments anonymously on her blog, that are nothing but hurtful and devastating. It makes me sooo mad!! Why are some people like that? What makes them feel the urge to say hurtful things to a heartbroken, grieving mother?! I can't wrap my head around it.

I couldn't help but cry, thinking about that comment "You sound like your son was a burden" must have made her feel. After all the heartache. After all the pain - deep, immense pain. And if that's not bad enough, for someone else to agree with that hatefulness. It's absolutely MIND-BLOWING!

The truth of the matter is when you write a blog, your life is no longer private, and unless you turn comments off, it can happen again, which is just another example of how strong she is.

I really hope that the anonymous hater is a man, or woman with no children, because there's no way that a Mom, who has felt the love, joy and pain children bring to our lives could draw that conclusion. I don't think so anyway. I have been wrong a few times, though. =) Just a few.

Today I'm thankful for...

Some days this is harder than others...

Today I'm thankful that no one reads my blog because if I ever get crappy rudeness from an anonymous jerk-face I'll not be as graceful as Karen is =)

1 comment:

  1. I read the comment to Karen and was stunned that someone could be so out of touch with reality to even suggest what they suggested.

    Cold and heartless. I just hope he/she doesn't have kids. It would be awful to raise children with those kinds of negative thoughts roaming around the house.

    Oh, and I read your blog, but I promise to play nice :)

    ReplyDelete